Online Course runs: June 16 - August 30, 2014
In-Person Instruction: October 14 - 15, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV
** Registration open April 1, 2014 **
Students must create a profile to register.
For the third consecutive year, AASP is partnering with West Virginia University (WVU) to offer a distance-learning course focusing on “Professional Ethics and Standards in Sport and Exercise Psychology”. The program, which begins the week of June 16, was specifically developed to examine important ethical and legal issues that sport and exercise psychology professionals often encounter in their work as teachers, researchers and practitioners. AASP is also seeking to standardize ethics training for anyone interested in seeking AASP certification.
Dr. Ed Etzel, Professor in the Department of Sport Sciences at WVU and a Certified Consultant (CC-AASP), will be the featured instructor. While the offering will be predominently online, there will be 10 hours of in-person, required instruction held at AASP's 2014 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas (October 14 - 15). A final online exam will end the course. Tuition for the course is $995.
- Introduction to ethics
- Who are you? Competence, credentialing and the impaired professional/student
- Multiple relationships/attraction
- Research and teaching
- Diversity issues
- The law and the practice of applied sport psychology
- Psychological assessment and testing
- Financial concerns in practice, business; marketing your services
- Obligations to clients and protecting sensitive information – Confidentiality and privacy
Here's what some of the participants had to say about the course:
"Dr. Etzel is an exemplary instructor, it was a pleasure to be a part of his class."
"The online content was not difficult to navigate and Dr. Etzel managed the course very well. He responded to all both communication quickly and thoughtfully. I would recommend this course to others."
"This course was well organized, helpful and, overall, a valuable experience."
"I enjoyed the course and found it to be a very useful tool in my overall development as a professional. Dr. Etzel was great, especially in person."
Registration will be available online starting April 1, 2014 and will be open through June 6, 2014. Don't miss your opportunity to participate!
- Click on the “add to cart” button above.
- If you have account with WVU continuing education, log in. Otherwise click on “Create New Profile”, and then “Create a Student Profile (single user)” to create an account.
- Go to shopping cart and click on “checkout”, and pay with credit card.
If you have any questions, please contact AASP Headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org.